To begin the process, it’s not difficult at all:

  • Find a fantastic wedding celebrant – LISA NEWMAN
  • Email or call me to check I’m available on your wedding date
  • Be sure you have (at least) one clear calendar month until your desired wedding date

I will:

  • Provide the first legal document called the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
  • To fill this out, we will need
    – either a passport or original birth certificate
    – photo identification with your current address (i.e. licence)
  • All documents need to be in English or have an official translation of the document into English. If you require documents to be translated then visit
  • All certificates MUST be original. Photo-copied or certified copies are not acceptable.
  • If there has been a previous marriage(s) you must provide evidence of how the marriage ended (i.e. divorce or death of spouse)
  • If either party have changed their name, the official ‘change of name’ document must be produced.
  • You must both be over the age of 18 years. If one party is between 16 and 18 years old, you are required to obtain both parental consent on the required form and a court order under Section 12 of the Marriage Act.
  • Upon booking, I will provide you with detailed legal information for your perusal. I will also explain each step and provide each document in a timely manner.
  • Then we get married!